Dakini as Gnosis and Luminous Gaze
Dakini as Gnosis and Luminous Gaze
By Rudolph Bauer, Phd Mon, Dec 27, 2010
Rudolph Bauer,Ph.D. Author, Chris Munson Editor
1. So last week we focused on the practice of the elements. Arising out of the awareness field the pure ground is the luminosity of the elements, a refinement within the field, and a refined manifestation within the field of light, sound and syllable. This path of awareness is the path of appearance manifesting within the gaze, the embodied gaze, radiance in resonance, bringing forth the radiance within appearance, within the apparitional dimension and within pure awareness.
2. The cutting through praxis assimilates everything into the original purity of the awareness field, the dissolving of phenomena within the field. The cutting through praxis is the amplification of the quality of penetration and dissolving of phenomena, the capacity to manifest cutting though and dissolving phenomena, and the assimilation of phenomena, the metabolizing of experience and appearance (of phenomena).
This is working within the samadhi of suchness or spaciousness.
3. The method of Togal works with and within experience, within appearance, within the apparitional dimension as the radiance of light - the spontaneous manifestation of light around you, within you and through you… the world as light. And this is, in effect, working within the rainbow body, or Vajra vase body, the body of light. Kaya, meaning body or dimension, applies to the three dimensions as 1) nirmanakaya - the appearance as light, 2) sambhogakaya - the apparitional body of light, and 3) dharmakaya - luminous darkness, unbound creativity, potential, divine love - the Dark Mother, the Primordial Guru.
4. Becoming aware of awareness within yourself and others is rigpa… gnosis… brilliant radiance felt… this radiance is moon-like and sun-like, soft and holding, and blazing and illuminating.
5. Dzogchen is the realization of all phenomena, all experience, as light. Light is the essence of knowingness and the essence of spaciousness or emptiness. Spaciousness is the essence of phenomena, light is the nature, and compassion is the medium of indeterminate manifestation… the undetermined world is a manifestation of compassion.
6. Being in the nature of beingness of our own being and experiencing the bringing of the light in our own bodies and through that embodiment we experience the world as the embodiment of luminosity or radiance. This is the manifestation of the three kayas as you. You do not see kayas, visit kayas, have kayas - you ARE the kayas… dimensions of awareness…you are the elements of flesh.
7. Resolution: As self-sprung awareness arises from within you and arises around you and the dark night of causality recedes, and the clouds of moral duality melt, then the luminous sun of non-duality dawns as the field of reality, the oneness of the one beingness… this is resolution.
8. As you and your conditioned mind dissolve by itself into this self-sprung awareness (this pure beingness structured as spaciousness, energy, light, purity, oneness and the great affection) there is the darkness of night vanishing. The pre-occupying concepts and discursive judgmental mind dissolves and the clear light is experienced as the field itself.
9. And the quality of the elements, these elements of the flesh also manifest experientially and are felt and work within one’s life… luminous elements within the luminous kayas.
10. As one gains the skill of working within awareness, one’s own mind is now contained within the awareness field. One goes beyond the working of psychology within psychology and one’s mind is a function of awareness… the radiance of appearance, the radiance of apparitions and the radiance of pure luminous darkness... of clear light.